Investing in preventive maintenance is one of the best ways to protect yourself from unexpected breakdowns and repairs. Even with regular checkups, sudden problems can develop due to mechanical or electrical malfunctions. Here are a few of the most common AC problems that we see.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs a Repair
- Clogged air filters are responsible for a considerable number of air conditioning repairs and service calls. Restricted airflow decreases the system's performance and could lead to overheating.
- Ice buildup is a common symptom related to poor airflow, dirty coils or insufficient refrigerant levels. Replacing the air filter or hosing off the outdoor coils may resolve this problem.
- Faulty capacitors are the most likely cause of starting difficulties, humming noises or electrical issues that force your air conditioner to shut down unexpectedly.
- Thermostat malfunctions are often caused by incorrect settings, drained batteries or electrical connections that are loose or damaged. Poor placement can also lead to faulty readings.
- Unusual operating noises are an important warning sign. If you notice excessive mechanical noises, vibrations or shrill sounds, have your air conditioner checked by a professional.
- If your HVAC equipment is located in an attic or utility room, it's especially important to have the condensate drain cleaned every year to prevent clogs and backups.
Air Conditioning Repairs vs. Replacement
When customers report an AC problem, we get to the bottom of the issue. Our skilled diagnostic technicians use advanced equipment and industry-leading techniques to provide efficient service. In most cases, our experts can connect directly to the system's diagnostic port to read error codes from the control panel.
Once we've pinpointed the source of the problem, we'll provide a detailed written estimate that covers parts and labor without any hidden fees. If your air conditioner was installed more than 10 years ago and the system requires substantial repairs, it might be time to consider replacement. Our professional HVAC contractors can help you weigh your options.
Before recommending repairs or replacement, we'll inspect your HVAC system and discuss your goals. As a locally owned business, we're committed to helping customers in Folsom, Covington and Madisonville get the best valuable for their money.
Expert AC Repairs From American Cooling and Heating
Our family treats customers with respect by providing punctual service and practical advice. American Cooling and Heating proudly represents Bryant as a factory-authorized dealer, and we've been recognized as one of the region's best contractors thanks to our personalized service and attention to detail. Our expert technicians specialize in repairing central AC systems, heat pumps and ductless mini-splits from all major brands. Learn more about our qualifications.
The American Cooling and Heating Difference
- Our air conditioning repairs are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- We employ NATE-certified technicians who have completed advanced training.
- Repairs are available for all makes and models of AC equipment, including Bryant and Daikin.
- For faster service, each vehicle is stocked with a wide selection of tools and replacement parts.
- We provide detailed written estimates to help you compare all of your options.
- Our pleasant staff members are here to ensure that you have a positive experience.
- We offer 24-hour emergency service and convenient appointments that fit your schedule.
Schedule Air Conditioning Repairs & Service on the Northshore
Since 2004, we've provided personalized, value-oriented HVAC service to residential and light commercial customers across the Northshore from Mandeville to Abita Springs. Contact us today to schedule air conditioning repairs or emergency service at your home or business.